TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Layer View settings control what type of design preview you see in WEBcnx. This is either an interactive view with measuring and enquiry tools or a simple static image of the design. The Layer View settings are global across WEBcnx and apply to all users. The settings allow you to configure both the 2D and 3D views, along with some visibility options for how the interactive viewer is displayed.
- Viewing Mode - Selects whether the interactive or static viewer are displayed to users
- Viewer Export Settings - This is the Master Tool Setting (MTS) in Impact that is used to export the 2D layer for the Interactive viewer mode. It is recommended to have a specific Export MTS to be used for this purpose to prevent unexpected changes occurring if an Impact user modifies a more general setting. Give the setting an obvious name such as "WEBcnx Interactive Viewer Export" or consider creating a "WEBcnx" named sub-folder to save it in within General Tools > Import / Export Settings.
The Export Settings should be configured with no import filters and only the "Impact JViewer" format enabled. This is the only one that WEBcnx will use, so anything else is unnecessary and adds confusion. No further options on this format are required, but it would be advisable to review those available for this format, e.g. Image compression, downsampling and substitution.
- Collada Export Settings - There is no static 3D view, only an interactive mode. WEBcnx uses the Packaged Collada (.zae) file format for generating viewable models. Similar to the 2D Viewer Export Settings, this 3D export setting should have no import filters enabled and only the "Packaged COLLADA" export filter enabled. It is recommended to create a 3D Export setting using each Maximum Resolution option to allow you the freedom to easily adjust this in WEBcnx. As for the 2D setting name, we suggest saving your Master Tool Setting (MTS) with an easily identifiable name, such as "WEBcnx Collada 3D Export (L)" for a large resolution. Saving these MTS in a dedicated sub-folder under 3D > 3D Import / Export Settings is also advisable.
To configure the Impact Master Tool Setting, the following are the only options you need to consider:
- Export Textures: You should turn this option on, otherwise you won't see any artwork or board textures in your viewed 3D model.
- Maximum Resolution: This option can be set to any level you want. The higher the resolution, the longer it will take to view your 3D layer. The lower the resolution, the poorer the quality of the artwork on the 3D layer.
- Exclude Rule Definition and Embossing Texture Maps: Viewing 3D layers in WEBcnx does not yet support displaying Rule Definition, so to improve the performance, turn this option ON.
- Rulers - This option allows you to turn off the display of the rulers in the Interactive Viewer to gain more space for viewing the design. It's entirely optional and down to your own business needs and preference.
- Display Viewer for Project Previews - When viewing a project, WEBcnx has the option of displaying a multi-tab viewer as well as a separate page listing all the layers. Whilst designers may understand the project and layer structure in WEBcnx, less technical people may not. It is therefore advisable to turn this option OFF unless you have a specific need to use it.
- Display Viewer for Unsaved Project Previews - After running a Design Standard or Importing a File, the user has an opportunity to view the design before deciding if they want to save it or not. As a design could result in having multiple layers in it, it is more desirable to see the multi-tab viewer for this specific uses case. It is therefore recommended to turn this features ON.