Foil Settings should have a unique name and an optional description.
NOTE: The preview is dynamic and will change as the controls are modified.
Foil Properties Tab
Material Type - Foil materials are always defined as a Foil type.
- Diffuse - specifies the colouration of the foil under a pure white light.
- Ambient - specifies the colouration when unlit (ie when in shadow).
- Specular - specifies the colouration of reflected highlights.
- Emissive - provides self-illuminating colouration
- Transparency - specifies the amount of transparency allocated to the foil (if required).
- Brightness - controls how bright the foil will appear.
- Sharpness - controls the sharpness of reflected images.
- Metallic -adds a metallic sheen to the foil.
- Depth - the slider allows you to control the height adjustment in terms of embossing/debossing height/depth.
- Direction - allows you to specify the direction (Horizontal/Vertical) of any applied textures.
- Resolution - allows you to specify the resolution of any applied textures.
Foil Textures Tab
Base - an image may be specified to provide colouration.
Gloss - an image may be specified to indicate glossy areas within the material surface.
Bump - an image may be specified to simulate height variations within the material surface.
Set the required controls to suit and click OK to create a Foil setting.