The Layout Sheet Assistant is opened when you start the Layout Creator tool or when you select Sheets - Sheet Assistant from the Layout Creator form.
Layout Sheet Assistant
There are seven available filters which can be used to limit the number of machines displayed in the list of settings.
- Only show machines upon which the one-up will fit. This filter compares the Machine Default Width & Height against the extents of the current one-up layer, provided that the extents utilise a cut-type palette. If this is the case, then the filter will be automatically enabled.
- Only show machines that are valid for this material. This filter will remove those settings for which the current one-up layer material is not suitable. It compares the Machine Type and Minimum/Maximum Caliper values against the material selection for the layer. If a material has been assigned, then the filter will be automatically enabled.
- Only show machines that are rotary. This filter will remove those settings that do not have the Rotary option checked in the Format section.
- Only show machines that are flat-bed. This filter will remove those settings that do not have the Flatbed option checked in the Format section.
- Only show machines that accommodate the largest number up. This filter will calculate which sheets accommodate the largest number up, and remove all others from the list.
- Only show the quickest machines. This filter will calculate which sheets will result in the shortest run time, and remove all others from the list.
- Only show the least wasteful machines. This filter will calculate which sheets will result in the least wasteful layout, and remove all others from the list.
From the resultant list choose the Layout Machine / Sheet Settings that you want to use.
There are three tabs on this part of the form:
This one simply displays the Maximum/Default Sheet Size from the selected settings.
This one gives a list of Stock Sheet Settings that conform to the Minimum and Maximum sizes specified in the selected settings. You can double-click any of these to make a local override to the settings. Select the one you wish to use.
Here you can provide custom settings by entering the required Width and Height and choosing the appropriate Flute/Grain setting from the pulldown list.
For each of the desired machine settings press the Add button to move them across to the right-hand side.
This part of the form lists the settings that you've chosen.
Select an item in the list and press this button to remove that item from the list.
Press this button to clear the list.
From the pulldown list choose the required Layout Pattern Setting. You can make a local override via the edit button .
From the pulldown list choose the required Layout Palette Settings. You can make a local override via the edit button .
Enter the required number of items that need to be produced.
Press this button to hide / show the utilisation information. This button will also hide or show the final three filter buttons described above.
This button will become available once you have added at least one sheet setting to the right-hand part of the form. Pressing this button will close this form and open the Layout Creator form.